- Personal picks, above
- The Lourve, of course
- The Cathedrals - Notre Dame, Sacré Coeur,
St. Severin, St. Sulpice
- Conciergerie and St. Chapelle
- Musée Cluny - middle ages
- Invalides - Napoleon's tomb and Musée de l'Armée
- Place de la Concorde and the obelisk from Luxor
- Gustave Eiffel's tower, built for the 1889 World's Fair, and nearly
pulled down in 1909
- Musée de l'Orangerie - if you liked the impressionist stuff
from the Lourve and d'Orsay
- Musée Auguste Rodin - something to Think about
- City ruins beneath Notre Dame, dating back to 300 A.D.
- Jardin du Luxembourg
- Bring comfortable shoes, and don't sprain you ankle the first day.
- The Metro rules - take it everywhere.
- Get a museum pass, and use it heavily till it expires. Hit the
museums early, leave when the art seems merely "nice", return
the next day.
- Buy lots of the postcard-sized prints of the artwork you like,
because they're waaaaaaay better than your photos will turn out.
- Use your Cirrus ATM card to get cash - easy and better exchange rate.
- The Streetwise map of
Paris landmarks is really useful.
Almost French translations
- HARLEZ-VOUS FRANCAIS? - Can you drive a French motorcycle?
- RESPONDEZ S'IL VOUS PLAID - Honk if you're Scottish
- VISA LA FRANCE - Don't leave your chateau without it
- MERCI BEAU PEEP - Thanks for the sheep